While pumpkin may be the reigning king of fall flavor, nothing quite rings in the season like sinking your teeth into a warm slice of cinnamon apple bread or piping hot fried apple pies. Don’t forget to wash them down with some fresh pressed apple cider. Yum!
Of course there’s no better way to enjoy all your favorite apple treats this season than with a visit to one of the many wonderful apple orchards in East Tennessee.
While some apple varieties do begin to ripen in summer, the crisp fall air brings our regions most popular varieties to life, including Honey Crisp, Mutsu, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, and many more! Even better, our local apple season lasts all the way through early November!
Whether you are looking for pre-picked apples or apple picking fun, the perfect orchard for fabulous fall memories is only a click away! Orchard locations include Chattanooga, Knoxville, Tri-Cities, and the surrounding areas.
If you are interested in a longer day trip, The Carolinas also offer some great u-pick options. Check them out at Kidding Around Greenville.
You May Also Like
Apple Orchards in East Tennessee: Chattanooga, Knoxville, Tri-CitiesAdd Listing
- Each apple variety will ripen in its own time and may not be available the entire month.
- Bring cash, because several of the orchards and stores do not accept credit cards.
- These are working farms. Protect your feet by wearing closed-toe shoes.
- Go early in the morning or late in the day to beat the crowds.
- Go later in the season to beat the heat.
Books to Share
- Apples and Pumpkins – Bringing all your fall favorites together in one book, this story features a family’s trip to the farm where they pick apples, choose a pumpkin, and carve jack-o-lantern.
- Applesauce Day – In this nostalgic book, kids spend the day with grandma picking apples at the orchards and turning them into delicious homemade applesauce.
- How Do Apples Grow? – Take a picture-based trip to the farm to discover how apples grow from bud to fruit.
More East TN Family Fun
- 300 + Ideas for Fall Fun in East Tennessee
- Press and Paint Color Mixing Fall Leaf Craft
- 15 + Nature Based Learning Activities for Kids