This popular attraction near Chattanooga oozes nostalgic fall fun. It boasts a farm store, gift shop, pie shop, and cafe, which features a wide variety of southern favorites. Their apple-themed treats, including apple dumplings, fried pies, and apple cider donuts really seem to draw a crowd. Yum!
The Wheeler’s claim to fame is their fresh pressed apple cider, u-pick apple orchard, and grapes. They also sell a variety of pre-picked apples, apple products, baked goods, canned goods, and gifts in their farm store.
- July – Red Free, Mollies Delicious
- August – Gala, Ginger Gold
- September – Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Empire, Mutzu, Blushing Golden, Truly Winesap, Tennessee Red, Liberty, Courtland, and red Rome Beauty
- October – Fuji, Braeburn, Granny Smith, Arkansas Black, Hardy Cumberland
Fall Grape Varieties:
Niagara, Boco Noir, COncord, Delaware, Marquis, Glenora, Steuben, Vanessa, Venus, Moore’s Diamond, Mare’s Seedless, Buffalo, Van Buren, Fredonia, Reliance, Sheridan, Brighton, Alden, Ontario, Seibel
Rowell’s sells a variety of apples and apple products in its farm store. According to their website, they grow all their own apples on-site.
- August – Fuji, Gala, Ginger Gold, and Jonathan
- September – Early Stayman, Winesap, Honey Crisp, Macintosh, Shizuka, Red Delicious, Cortland, Golden Delicious, Stark Ultragold, Jonagold, and Rome Beauty,
- October – Mutsu, Cameo, Truly Winesap, Arkansas Black, Red Staymen, Pink Lady, Granny Smith, and Gold Rush
Famed for its awesome homemade apple cider, this orchard sells a wide variety of apples and apple products at its farm store. While they do grow most of their own apples, they also sell apples they purchase from other farms.
Apple Varieties: Ginger Gold, Sansa, Gala
This farm offers a HUGE amount of entertainment in once place. Activities include a pumpkin patch, hayride, corn maze, pig races, playground, a large variety of yard games, sandbox, zip lines and more!
This fun fall attraction features pick-your-own-pumpkins, hay rides, a corn maze, and a variety of fun outdoor games perfect for both kids and adults!
This location features a large farm store with a variety of apples, canned goods, baked goods, and more. Although this is not a u-pick farm, the orchard does offer seasonal tractor tours, and school field trips.
- August: Lodi, Pristine, Ginger Gold, Red Free, Caitlin Gala, Gala, and Detroit Red
- September: Honey Crisp, Jonathan, Senshu, Red Delicious, Jonagold, Golden Delicious, Rome Beauty, Mutsu, and Charlie Gold
- October: Stayman, Fuji, York, Arkansas Black, Goldrush, Yates, Granny Smith, Pink Lady, and Cameo
Pick-Your-Own Crops: blueberries, blackberries, rasberries
This God-centered adventure camp offers overnight experiences for kids in 1st though 12th grade. This camp provides opportunities for your child to worship and grow in their Christian faith, as well as opportunities for outdoor fun, including group games, swimming, hiking, canoeing, rafting, ziplines, and much more!
This farms has an amazing pick-your-own strawberry patch which typically runs from late April through May.
In the fall they also have pick-your-own pumpkins, a large corn maze, a hay maze for the little guys, and the largest pig exhibit in East Tennessee!
This, the very first dog park in Oak Ridge, packs a big punch with separate locations for small and large dogs, doggy and human water fountains, and waste stations. This park is located inside Big Turtle Park, which features sports fields and a playground for kids.
corn maze, pumpkin patch, hay rides, country store and more
Oak Ridge Junior Playhouse is pleased to offer young people the opportunity to learn about theater while putting together a workshop showcase production for family and friends at the conclusion of the camp. This interactive camp is for rising 3rd graders through rising high school seniors.
Sessions are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at The Dance Centre, 108 East Division Road, Oak Ridge, Tennessee and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Oak Ridge Playhouse.