Pumpkin patches and corn mazes are the perfect pick for a fabulous fall outing. Thankfully Knoxville, The Smoky Mountains, and their surrounding areas offer a variety of choices for your family farm fun. The farms featured below boast a variety of festive activities including pumpkin picking, hay rides, petting zoos, farm stores and more! We’ve also provided some fabulous tips to help you survive your trip!
Corn Mazes and Pumpkin Patches in Knoxville and East Tennessee
Pro Tips to Help You Survive Your Farm Visit
- Consider visiting the farm earlier in the morning or later in the day to avoid the sweltering mid-day heat. Many corn mazes even offer haunted mazes at night.
- An over cast day can also provide great relief from the heat, if you time your trip to avoid the storm.
- Be sure to bring tote bags or a collapsible wagon to make transporting your pumpkins easier. If you are taking a hayride, bags are the way to go.
- At a pumpkin patch or corn maze, strollers are definitely more trouble than they’re worth. Consider baby wearing instead.
- By their nature, farms have a lot of dirt. Come prepared to clean little hands by bringing hand wipes or sanitizer, especially if you are planning to eat while you’re there.
- Some farms only accept cash, so be sure to verify with your chosen farm prior to leaving for your trip.
Nestled among the peaks of The Great Smoky Mountains, this fabulous pumpkin farm has a lot to offer including hayrides, live music, pumpkin picking, a farmer’s market, a corn maze, camping, fishing, a playground, and a fabulous mountain view!
Each October, Darnell Farms throws an amazing fall Harvest Festival complete fresh apple cider, crafts, music, pumpkins, hayrides, and more!
This farm offers a HUGE amount of entertainment in once place. Activities include a pumpkin patch, hayride, corn maze, pig races, playground, a large variety of yard games, sandbox, zip lines and more!
This fabulous farm and orchard offers a variety of pick your own crops throughout the year including blueberries, blackberries, peaches, plums, apples, pumpkins, and variety of winter squash.
Fall Fun: in addition to pick-your-own apples and pumpkins, this farm also offers a hay ride. For anyone wanting a less commercialized pumpkin picking experience, this farm will be wonderful!
This farms has an amazing pick-your-own strawberry patch which typically runs from late April through May.
In the fall they also have pick-your-own pumpkins, a large corn maze, a hay maze for the little guys, and the largest pig exhibit in East Tennessee!
Although they do have a small Jr. Pumpkin Patch, the star of this farm is their large corn maze. They also have a variety of other attractions including jumping pillow, gem mining, petting zoo and more!
This fun fall attraction features pick-your-own-pumpkins, hay rides, a corn maze, and a variety of fun outdoor games perfect for both kids and adults!
corn maze, pumpkin patch, hay rides, country store and more